…continued from Part 8 — [All Episodes]
While Killa and Trudy were waiting for extra memory to be put in the Web Services server, Killa showed Trudy how she could split up the crawl of the documents in the Documentum server into smaller jobs. It had been several weeks since he had heard from her, and Killa planned to make contact again to see how things were going.
Killa Hertz & The Case of the Missing Documents – Part 9
It had been a month. I hadn’t heard anything from Trudy, so I gave her a call.
“Killa!” was the first thing I heard after I got put through to her. “I’m really glad you called’ she squeaked over the telephone.
“And…” I asked, “how did things go?”
“It worked!’ she cried. “After the extra memory was put in, I did as you showed me, and the total number of documents being crawled is almost the same as the number of documents in the Documentum repository!” “Excellent, I’m on my way over to check things out.”
I drove over to the office where Trudy was working. She met me at the door and led me into where she worked. There was still piles of paper everywhere, and that photo of her dog was still there. Pulling up a spare seat, Trudy logged onto the system. “Look,” she said – “there is 2GB of memory on the Web Services server now”. She showed me the screen, which clearly showed the correct amount of memory.
Pulling up a spare seat, Trudy logged onto the system. “Look,” she said – “there is 2GB of memory on the Web Services server now”. She showed me the screen, which clearly showed the correct amount of memory.
“Ok, let’s see the crawl log.” Trudy switched to another screen where I could see SharePoint’s crawl log. Looking at the bottom of the screen, I could see that the last full crawl had taken place last week. It looked like it had been successful.
Leaning over Trudy’s shoulder, I grabbed a notepad, and one of the pens in the container on Trudy’s desk. I jotted down the numbers of documents that SharePoint had crawled.
Trudy ctrl-tabbed to a spreadsheet she had open. The numbers of documents that SharePoint had crawled were listed. And she had listed the counts from running a DQL query to determine the number of each content type in the docbase. Each value was in a different color.
I looked through her numbers. “Looks good kid” I said to her with a smile. “Looks like that problem is fixed”. She swayed back and forth with excitement. “And I’ve confirmed with everyone here. They can all find the documents they are looking for.” she squeaked.
“Good – let me just check it one more time.” I went back to her spreadsheet. Fired up DA, and ran a few more queries. The numbers still looked good. “Well Trudy, there’s not much more to do.” “She looked at me coyly “I guess we should celebrate.” The look on her face was adorable. Sort of between puppy dog, and baby fur seal. “No need to Trudy. Just doing my job.”
I picked up my hat, swung my jacket over my shoulder, and walked out to the car park.
Of all the lawyer firms, in all the cities…
Well, it was a good job. I’m glad I could help the dame. I headed in the direction of O’Leary’s.
If you want to know detail about ECM services, than you can visit here – http://www.cdlac.com. Very nice information great effort thanks for the sharing, please keep it up…